Since 1960, the trash production in the US has been tripled of which 55% of trash goes to landfills and only 32.5% is recycled. The certain types of wastes are hazardous, it is important to handle them properly to avoid contamination of the environment. Waste disposal includes the removal of unwanted agricultural, domestic as well as industrial waste properly.
Why recycling is important?
The study claims that the recycling industry has the potential to pump in billions of dollar globally and give this world a different look, away from landfills and other environmental hazards. All that is needed – A recycling initiative by each and every one of us!
Here are some of the facts:
- If every American recycles just 1 plastic bottle – More than 6.5 million fleece jackets or 54 million T-shirts can be produced.
- If every American recycles just 1 plastic bag – 144,530 16-foot composite deck boards or 28,906 park benches can be made.
- If everyone recycles just one aluminum cane – 295 million new canes can be made.
- Besides air, water, coal minerals, natural gas and oil, recycling is considered as the seventh important resource
To avoid an unfavorable impact on the environment due to the waste produced on a daily basis, recycling is considered as the best solution. Within landfill sites greenhouse gases along with harmful chemicals releases. The primary role of recycling is to reduce the pollution caused by various types of wastes.
Here are some of the commendable recycling benefits:
- It helps in saving resources – As the demand for new material goes down with the downward in the production of new products, recycling largely helps in the consumption of natural resources.
- Saves a lot of energy: When the recycles products are used for manufacturing purposes, they tend to consume lesser energy when compared to the production using fresh raw materials.
- Environmental Protection: As the requirements for extracting, refining or processing of raw material diminishes with recycling, it helps in reducing greenhouse emissions, water pollution, and air pollution.
- Reduction in incineration: As recycling involves using the old products for the production of new ones, it restricts the waste disposal as well as the amount of rubbish sent for incineration.
No doubt efficient recycling saves millions of dollars however contamination is the greatest obstacle for recycling in America. Americans do not possess the appropriate knowledge of the various recycling techniques and are very much unsure of the various recycling processes prescribed for different wastes.
How can we help you?
With our elaborative guides that describe each and every possible method of disposal of various types of wastes as permitted under the state or country law. Being a responsible citizen of America, it is our responsibility to keep our country safe from the inappropriate disposal method which can pose a serious environmental threat.
It is also important that the ways of waste disposal should be permitted under the law to avoid any legal hassles. We suggest the best possible ways of disposition and recycling which are within the preview of the government in America.